STAR TO STATESMAN? Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi formed his political party in August.
Tamil superstar Rajinikanth must enter politics, and he should decide about it now. That message comes from Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi, who formed his own political party this year.
“I think he (Rajinikanth) should have joined politics. I think he should have come (into politics). He has got some much charisma—people expect him,” said Chiranjeevi in an interview.
Asked whether he had discussed the issue with Rajinikanth, he said: “Yes, oh yes! Several times—we discussed it. We discussed it many times. He said when I enter 60 years it would be the right time.”
Chiranjeevi wanted the Tamil actor to decide about joining politics now. “Yes. You are right—something like that,” he said when asked if Rajinikanth should make a decision now.
Rajinikanth has refused to accept his fans’ plea to enter politics at least thrice since 1996. Last month, his fans formed a ‘political party’ but he scolded them and warned no one can “force” him to enter politics.
He also warned of legal action against people using his name for political gains.
“While no one can stop me from entering the political arena, nobody can force me to do so as well. Legal action will be initiated against those who use my name for political ends,” the actor said on October in a statement to media organisations.
Chiranjeevi, who for years had been under similar fan pressure, jumped into politics when he formed the Prajarajyam party in Tirupati on August 26.
Chiranjeevi has promised that his party will work for the poor and the landless but is yet to sketch out a clear political ideology.
- Top IT skills that can get you a better job
- Madurai’s traffic cops to get booths with ACs
- Facebook opens office in Hyderabad, India
- Kill IE6 says Industry, No says Microsoft!!!
- Infosys looking at overseas acquisitions
- Satyam Computers is now Mahindra Satyam
- Microsoft To Launch Free Anti-virus Named ‘Morro’ Soon
- Sourav Ganguly promises Rs 60 lakh for Cyclone Aila victims
- How Does Google Store All of its Data?
- Infosys Layoff – The IT giant Infosys Technologies fires 2100 employees
- Happy Rahman thanks mother, God at Oscars gala
- AR Rahman gets 2 Oscars for Slumdog’s music