Motorola Inc, the world’s third-biggest phone maker, unveiled a touch-sensitive phone to be sold by Verizon Wireless, as both companies look to compete with Apple Inc’s iPhone.Motorola, which has been losing ground in the cell phone market as it has failed to come up with a hit phone to replace its once-lauded Razr, said the Krave ZN4 would go on sale on Tuesday for $149.99 after rebates to customers who sign a two-year contract with Verizon Wireless.
The Krave has a see-through cover that flips open to uncover a touchscreen virtual keypad, but users can also access popular features such as mobile television and navigation by pressing their fingers on the cover without opening the phone.
For several years Motorola has sold a touchscreen phone called the Ming that has been popular in China, but it has focused on phones with physical keypads in the United States, where it is the market leader.
- Top IT skills that can get you a better job
- Madurai’s traffic cops to get booths with ACs
- Facebook opens office in Hyderabad, India
- Kill IE6 says Industry, No says Microsoft!!!
- Infosys looking at overseas acquisitions
- Satyam Computers is now Mahindra Satyam
- Microsoft To Launch Free Anti-virus Named ‘Morro’ Soon
- Sourav Ganguly promises Rs 60 lakh for Cyclone Aila victims
- How Does Google Store All of its Data?
- Infosys Layoff – The IT giant Infosys Technologies fires 2100 employees
- Happy Rahman thanks mother, God at Oscars gala
- AR Rahman gets 2 Oscars for Slumdog’s music