With 67 per cent Americans not wishing to see another debate between Senator Barack Obama and Senator John McCain, both the White House hopefuls have hit the stretch in the battleground and critical states hoping to put behind “Joe The Plumber” and “Joe The Six Pack”.
The polls of the last few days may have shown Senator Obama in the lead of at least eight points; but the latest CNN Gallup showed the race was really tightening and even close to about a two-point spread between the candidates in favour of the Illinois Democrat.
At the heart of the candidates’ struggle is the political mid-west like Ohio and Pennsylvania that the candidates have started hitting very intently; but some of the focus is also on states like New Hampshire that Senator Obama slipped in the primaries to Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
“Three debates, and over 20 months, John McCain still has not explained a single thing he would do differently from George W Bush when it comes to the most important economic issues we face today. Not one. Here’s the truth, New Hampshire, John McCain voted with George Bush 90 per cent of the time. That has not change. It is more of the same,” Obama said in New Hampshire.
“He wants to keep giving tax cuts to corporations that ship our jobs overseas. I want to give tax breaks to companies that create jobs right here in the US. He wants to give more tax cuts to CEOs. I want to give 95 per cent of working families the tax relief that they deserve. He wants to double down on health care policies that will only work for the healthy and the wealthy. I want to cut costs and expand coverage for all Americans,” Obama said in a rhetoric that is all too well known on the political trail.
- Top IT skills that can get you a better job
- Madurai’s traffic cops to get booths with ACs
- Facebook opens office in Hyderabad, India
- Kill IE6 says Industry, No says Microsoft!!!
- Infosys looking at overseas acquisitions
- Satyam Computers is now Mahindra Satyam
- Microsoft To Launch Free Anti-virus Named ‘Morro’ Soon
- Sourav Ganguly promises Rs 60 lakh for Cyclone Aila victims
- How Does Google Store All of its Data?
- Infosys Layoff – The IT giant Infosys Technologies fires 2100 employees
- Happy Rahman thanks mother, God at Oscars gala
- AR Rahman gets 2 Oscars for Slumdog’s music