OFF COURT: The Indian ace has been out of action since the Beijing Olympics.
Forced to stay away from courts for almost half the season, a fit again Sania Mirza is eyeing a comeback at January’s Classic tennis tournament in Hong Kong and revealed that she almost sunk into depression while struggling to recover from a wrist injury.
The Indian ace has been out of action since the Beijing Olympics, where her wrist injury flared up again and she had to concede her first round singles match.
Sharing the trauma she faced when she ran out of options to get her wrist healed, she said it was difficult to cope with the situation at that time.
“It was scary. It was career threatening. I was almost going through depression. I think the post-injury period is more difficult to cope with and I am happy to be back. But I never doubted that I cannot make a comeback ,” Sania, who is in Capital for the treatment, said.
Sania said she was keen to make a comeback but was not in a hurry. She confirmed that she will play a team tournament in Hong Kong in January before resuming her Tour activities.
“It is a big honour to represent Asia. It is great to be a part of such a large field, where you have players like (Jelena) Jankovic and (Maria) Sharapova. But we still have two-and-a-half months to go and it is very long period in tennis,” she said after spending about an hour on the DLTA courts, practicing with Radhika Tulpule.
Talking about the next season, she said she was approaching it cautiously.
- Top IT skills that can get you a better job
- Madurai’s traffic cops to get booths with ACs
- Facebook opens office in Hyderabad, India
- Kill IE6 says Industry, No says Microsoft!!!
- Infosys looking at overseas acquisitions
- Satyam Computers is now Mahindra Satyam
- Microsoft To Launch Free Anti-virus Named ‘Morro’ Soon
- Sourav Ganguly promises Rs 60 lakh for Cyclone Aila victims
- How Does Google Store All of its Data?
- Infosys Layoff – The IT giant Infosys Technologies fires 2100 employees
- Happy Rahman thanks mother, God at Oscars gala
- AR Rahman gets 2 Oscars for Slumdog’s music