Veteran Tamil movie actor-comedian Cyril K Nagesh, popularly known as Nagesh, died in Chennai on Jan 31, 2009, a family source said. He was 77.
Nagesh was suffering from diabetes and a heart ailment, the family member said. He is survived by three sons, including actor Anand Babu.
Nagesh acted in about 1,000 films and is most remembered for his role in Thiruvilayaadal.
US President George W Bush telephoned his apparent successor, Democrat Barack Obama, to congratulate him on his “awesome night,” according to White House spokeswoman Dana Perino.
“Mr President-elect, congratulations to you. What an awesome night for you, your family and your supporters. Laura and I called to congratulate you and your good bride,” she quoted Bush as telling Obama.
“I promise to make this a smooth transition. You are about to go on one of the great journeys of life. Congratulations and go enjoy yourself,” Bush told Obama late on Tuesday night, she said.
The President also invited Obama and his family “to visit the White House soon, at their convenience,” Perino said.
Bush was also to reach out to Obama’s defeated rival, Republican John McCain, who conceded the fight shortly after 11:00 pm (0930 IST).
- Top IT skills that can get you a better job
- Madurai’s traffic cops to get booths with ACs
- Facebook opens office in Hyderabad, India
- Kill IE6 says Industry, No says Microsoft!!!
- Infosys looking at overseas acquisitions
- Satyam Computers is now Mahindra Satyam
- Microsoft To Launch Free Anti-virus Named ‘Morro’ Soon
- Sourav Ganguly promises Rs 60 lakh for Cyclone Aila victims
- How Does Google Store All of its Data?
- Infosys Layoff – The IT giant Infosys Technologies fires 2100 employees
- Happy Rahman thanks mother, God at Oscars gala
- AR Rahman gets 2 Oscars for Slumdog’s music