Selection committee chairman Krish Srikkanth showered praise
on Sourav Ganguly on Friday. “He’s really batted like a true champion
right through in his farewell series. He’s put his heart and soul into it. I
feel so happy and proud for him. It’s nice to see him going out on a
high,” Srikkanth told.
Ganguly has set the adrenalin flowing, batting attractively and playing some
crucial knocks in this series while notching up 324 runs at an impressive
average of 64.80.
getting out when he looked set for a hundred. “I
told Sourav that he’s got to get a hundred in his 100th Test. He was going
great guns but it was God’s will that he ended up 15 runs short. But it was
still an invaluable knock for the team.”
Srikkanth also pointed out that Ganguly played his part in the selection of
Tamil Nadu opener M. Vijay for the final Test match.
“Sourav played with him in the
A match and he specifically told me, ‘Chika, here is a guy whom you have to
look seriously’. So I took his words seriously because when a player of
Ganguly’s wisdom endorses someone he has to special.”
- Top IT skills that can get you a better job
- Madurai’s traffic cops to get booths with ACs
- Facebook opens office in Hyderabad, India
- Kill IE6 says Industry, No says Microsoft!!!
- Infosys looking at overseas acquisitions
- Satyam Computers is now Mahindra Satyam
- Microsoft To Launch Free Anti-virus Named ‘Morro’ Soon
- Sourav Ganguly promises Rs 60 lakh for Cyclone Aila victims
- How Does Google Store All of its Data?
- Infosys Layoff – The IT giant Infosys Technologies fires 2100 employees
- Happy Rahman thanks mother, God at Oscars gala
- AR Rahman gets 2 Oscars for Slumdog’s music